Friday, December 5, 2008

It is cold here...............

Okay, so I couldn't think of a better title......................... but it is cold. It makes me feel like it is going to be a long winter. If I was a bird I would fly south........... way south.
We spent Thanksgiving up at Randy's and most of the family was there for Thanksgiving day. Nice to see Grandma Swonger (great to Joseph) there and Dan's aunts Mary and Martha. Dan did get to go hunting and he did get some venison. I asked him if he slept any out in his stand because when he sits down he takes a nap. (not intending to) He said he did, so guess he is lucky that he got the shot he did since he said didn't see very many deer. So now, with the venison gift we got earlier (someone heard that Dan might not get to go hunting) and now this poor deer, we have a freezer full to live on while Dan is off work. If anyone knows of a venison recipe book or good recipes................ please............. I beg................... let me know!!!!!!!!!
Monday (before Thanksgiving) was Dan's first day back to work after being off from his heart cath and back. I didn't allow him to stay the whole day because after going to the doc I had to have a procedure done which he came home for and then stayed home with me on Tuesday. The good that came out of it is Dan bake six pies for me that I was going to bake for Thanksgiving. In between the pies he took Joseph outside to play in the snow for a few minutes. It ended up being a very short time because it was all his back could handle. I did slip down the stairs, in my pj's, and get a few pictures. I will post them and shut up now.

1 comment:

Anita said...

so are you sharing those pies? I sure hope you didn't eat them ALL by yourselves...

;)