Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fun time with friends

Went to Bob and Karen A's yesterday. (Saturday)   Did some swimming and a bit of fishing. Joseph remember going there last year.  Once Abigail was in the water she was fine...... in fact she loved floating around.   She did not like to be sat or stood in the water..... I think it was the feel of the sand.   Joseph used his fishing pole right after we got it for him (when he was 3) and now this was his second time.   He caught 3 or 4 fish.......  of course his Daddy was helping him.   He did a great job on casting but needs some practice on reeling in.   The child's pole isn't made to catch too big of a fish...... I think the line snapped a couple times.


working on the hold


waiting for a nibble


reeling one in...... with a little fight

just his size and a good size for the pole


here is one of the many that Heather caught


there is Karen and Abigail


we had this float for Joseph but never used the shade


getting ready to go for a little drive.......  she doesn't realize she needs to hold on


now she is holding on and she is on the edge of her seat


coming between our van and the Boyles car
the Boyles weren't around...... so no heart attacks


I thought this was a cute picture

For the Grandmas and Aunts.......... for the first 3 or 4 times that they went on I was right beside them walking fast or running.  When I saw she was holding on good then I just watched....... plus I was tired of the running.   A few times she was having so much fun that she was clapping then Joseph would give it some power and her hands went right back on the grab bar.   I'm sure they would love to have one of these.


2 comments:

Anita said...

I laughed at you getting tired of running along beside them! ;) I'm impressed (as hot as it was) that you ran at all. It's been too hot here to wiggle... Looks like the kids had fun!

Glenda said...

I love these pictures, but isn't Abigail, especially, a little big? I thought she was just a little girl, sigh.

Tell Joseph, his uncle & cousins are all jealous of the fishing, they would love to have a fish too big for their fishing line! Some times, they would just love to have a fish!