I had a doctor visit this afternoon late. Dan met us there to keep Joseph company. Then we finished the day with a little league baseball game. Got to see Coby, Trevor and Denver play........... all did really great..... they won. We are late in the season as this is their last week.
Guess it is not too soon to let everyone know we are adding to the family tree in February. We are in our 11th week so soon to finish the first trimester. We are a bit nervous this time since we had a miscarriage and now with our age. They tell me with my age I have a 1 in 20 chance to have a downs or we could look at it this way a 4% chance. It is their job to warn us and offer all the test that we can take. With Joseph we refused the test because we decided whatever happened happened. I still feel the same way yet I wonder if I might want to know so I can be prepared. Yet can one really be prepared??
I got to hear a heart beat this time right along beside mine. Well..... a little distance between the two and especially in speed. My first visit at 7 plus week I saw the heart beat on the ultra sound. They did an ultra sound early since we lost the one in November.
So............ we will try to keep you posted.
I'm really wondering since Facebook if anyone ever looks at the blogs anymore???
6 comments:
Exciting news! Hope things continue to go well :) Maybe we'll be seeing you soon at the Dells.
YAY!!!!!!!! VERY happy for you guys!!!
Now I can go public with my congratulations! Another niece or nephew, and at my age! Try not to worry since that will only take away from the joy of the actual pregnancy. As my doctor once said regarding the offered testing, if you are not changing the pregnancy, too many false results only add to the anxiety. So enjoy the next 6 months, that will pass too quickly and then you can really get into the nitty gritty again! Besides you want to enjoy your last pregnancy, right . . . uh, right?!
Congratulations!!! Best Wishes!!!
Those prenatal tests are not very accurate. They are getting better, but it bugs me when people are told they are going to have a baby with tons of problems, they have a team of doctors ready upon delivery, and the perfect little baby is born.
How special for you - we, along with all the others, will be wishing you the best in every way. I sometimes wonder about the tests, too. Some times I think they are more for the Drs. than the person! Anyway ... you will probably know what to do when the time comes!
had to save this one on my unread list so I could come add my congrats! Wishing you all the best!
Post a Comment