We had two planned appointments and one unplanned. Tuesday Abigail had her two month check up. Every thing looked good and she is growing as she should. Her weight is 11 pounds and 3.5 ounces now and she is 23" long. So in two months she has gained 2 pounds and 2.5 ounces and has grown 3". Only thing the doctor did have concern about was having her take Vit D supplement. He said they have found with babies whose moms breast feed only they are lacking and also mothers keep their children out of the sun. I guess rickets is on the rise again.......... so we will try to give the supplement drops. She got a few shots which she was not happy about at all. She settled down a bit then when I got out to the waiting room she felt she needed to tell Daddy about........... Her next appoinment is 4 months.
Wednesday (yesterday) I went to see the surgeon who did my hernia repair. He said it looks good but to leave the tape (that is across the stiches) on for another week. I don't have to go back to him unless there is a problem. Which there has been a bit of one with some pain and the skin is very sensitive. He said it could be a neuro thing and would fade away..... if not in a month then call one of my doctors. The older you get the more doctors one seems to have. Any way....... I asked about restrictions and yes I have restrictions for 6 wks..... which means I have 5 left. No weight over 20 pounds.... last week it was 15 and some one told me the doctors where she works puts it at 10 which is what Dan's restrictions were when he had such a surgery but in not in the same spot. So........ I think I will stick close to 15 pounds.
Between Abigail and I we've had 7 appointment in 17 days. Only one of those appointments was Abigail. Lucky for Joseph he didn't have to go to all seven but over half of them. And now Dan's has his appointments next week at the VA.......... this time we will not be going with him. April must be the month check ups, check ins and check outs.
1 comment:
Rickets is on the rise in what segment of the population? I find it really hard to believe that your little punkin would actually be at risk... but don't mind me. Vitamin supplements won't hurt her, of course, I suppose.
ah well- glad you're all still hanging in there and such! :)
Post a Comment